Twin Valley Behavioral Healthcare is a psychiatric hospital that uses sound principles of psychology & mental health to assist our patients & improve their quality of life.
We are currently in search of a Psychologist Supervisor.
You may be exposed to potentially violent patients in this position.
• Doctorate degree from an accredited university with specialization in psychology, education with the field of specialization in counseling psychology, or in a discipline deemed equivalent by the State of Ohio AND- 2 years of licensed experience in the application of psychological techniques in a mental health setting.
• 1 year experience as a licensed psychologist.
• 1 course in employee training & development or 3 months experience providing work direction & training or supervision to psychology students, assistants, or psychologists.
• Must have license to practice psychology in Ohio pursuant to Section 4732.09 and 4732.21 of revised code.
• Must maintain biennial renewal of licensure as psychologist.
• Knowledge of clinical psychology; counseling; psycho diagnostics; psychotherapy; interviewing; statistics; project/program management; employee training & development.
• Supervise professional & para-professional staff assigned to Twin Valley Behavioral Healthcare.
• Work under the general direction of a Clinical Services Director and serve as first-line supervisor of one or more functional work units in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of specialized psychology, chemical dependency, behavioral therapy program activities.
• Plan, assign, direct, supervise, and coordinate the work of multi-disciplinary professional staff providing mental health treatment services, social & rehabilitation services, and consultation & education services to clients, public & private agencies, and the community.
• Assist the Clinical Services Director in the design and development of programs and effective strategies that demonstrate positive outcomes for various populations, including those that have been historically underserved or inappropriately served due to ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, and other factors.
• Is responsible for the selection of new professional personnel in psychology, including trainees and psychology interns, and oversight of psychological testing programs and evaluative research relevant to the functions of the mental health program or clinic.
• Independently provide mental health consultation & education, individual & group psychotherapy, crisis intervention, and other psychological services.
• Participate in the supervision and routine operations of the hospital.
• May provide testimony before courts of law regarding results of psychological evaluations, as appropriate.
• May intervene with patients to enhance their ability to fully participate in treatment, including defining treatment goals and designing intervention strategies that support recovery and resiliency.
• May participate in regional or countywide needs assessment, prevention and early intervention & program planning, and development & evaluation activities.
• May serve as a mentor to psychologist trainees or psychology interns.
• Assure departmental compliance and standards of care.
• Ability to understand abstract field of study; write meaningful, concise & accurate reports; write instructions, specifications, or technical manuals; define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to recognize unusual or threatening conditions & take appropriate action.
• Ability to counsel others on sensitive matters.
• Ability to interpret extensive variety of technical matters in books, journals & manuals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.